Thursday, July 21, 2011

Almost there!

Well this trip has been interesting to say the least. I am currently in San jose California and guess what! They have free Internet, it's about time an airport wised up. In dtw there was no Internet access. Anyways my first flight from Detroit to Denver was uneventful. I sat next to an old man who smelled like raisins for 2 hours. I mostly tried to sleep, but it was hard being that I was sitting in the back and my seat did not recline. But we got there and the plane was intact. The flight to Denver to San Jose Cali. Was much more fun. I met a couple who were going there for business. We talked a lot and he gave me some Monet saving tips in regards to website development. I thought this was as good of a time as any to pull out my bag of travel size shots of whisky and offer some to the couple. From that point on, we became best friends. Haha. - when flying you are actually aloud to bring your own alcohol on the plane if it meets their fluid requirements, which the mini shooters you can get at party stores are perfect for.

Now upon landing is when the trip started to go downhill. I got off the plane expecting to find the next gate and pass out for 8 hours while I wait for the final plane to come in the morning. However, I was unaware that the airport actually kicks everyone out of the air port after the last fight... Which was mine. So I had no idea what to do with my self, do I call a cab? Where is my baggage? Do I have to pick it up since I am switching airlines? So the TSA officers were nothing but rude and unhelpful so I went to the baggage claim floor where the TSA was forcing everyone to go and found a nice lady there who informed me that my bags are in storage until the next flight in the morning and there is no reason to worry. I asked if I would be able to sleep in this area of the airport b.c I was kicked out of the secured portion. Thankfully she said yes. So I did my best to sleep until 4am, the time you can start checking in again. Now I am just sitting at gate 27 across from a ruby Tuesday's....starving, they need to open up already!

Time to play some angry birds,


Cory

No comments: