Wednesday, July 27, 2011

My Classroom

Today we got our "bell schedule" which tells us when lunch, recess, and anything else is.  It was a little different than what you would see at a school in Michigan!  The first 30 minutes of the day is for "Hawaiian Protocol", I'm not sure what this is exactly but I was told I will find out.  The students do not have gym, art, or music class.  Instead they have Hawaiian Culture class twice a week (with another teacher).  The hula is taught in place of any other type of physical education class.  The day ends like it begins, with Hawaiian Protocol.

Cory helped me clean my classroom today, we still have A LOT more to do even though it is a little room.  The previous teacher had two big filing cabinets full of random things that we are going through.  I wish I had some more supplies here to help me organize the room and make it appealing to my students.  I have a lot of really great teaching/planning books but they take up a lot of space in the classroom!  I'm going to try to condense them so I have more room for materials for the students.   A dollar store would be really great right now, I would love some cute containers for crayons, pencils, etc!


-Emilie

No comments: