Thursday, August 25, 2011

Creatures of Hawaii

I think I am finally getting the hang of things here...as far as coordinating all the plans for each grade. I have a system going that is keeping me organized and from having to feel like I'm scrambling each day. This past week went great! I brought the baby chick to school all week, and the kids loved it. During reading time I let them read out loud to the chick and everyone wanted to! Two of my students even stayed in for recess to read to it. Having kids voluntarily stay inside for recess to READ is a dream come true for a teacher. I also started reading "Witches" by Roald Dahl aloud to my class and it seems like they are really enjoying it.

So although things are going well at work there is ONE big problem... I have discovered two unpleasant creatures inside the school building this week. The first was a scorpion and the second was a gigantic Cane Spider. It was the biggest spider I have ever seen, it was awful! I really sincerely hope one never touches me or gets in our home!

-Emilie

No comments: