Monday, September 12, 2011

School Newspaper Project

For those who are interested in how thing are going at school, I thought I would share an update about what we are doing in my classroom.   My class is currently working on writing a class newspaper that we plan to share with the school.  We just got started at the end of last week, so we have a long ways to go before we will share it with the school, but we are off to a great start.  My students really seem to be enjoying the project.  I'm pretty sure it is because they are able to write about what interests them, and because they have more of a purpose for writing since it will be shared with the school.  I'm really hoping the project turns out well, it is kind of a big undertaking for them but I think they can do it.  I'm being careful to differentiate my lessons so it is grade-appropriate for all of my students. 

I am already beginning my 7th week of school! Time is flying by, and in only two weeks the first quarter ends and I will be doing my first round of report-cards.  I also will be enjoying a week off for "fall break" at that point as well!

-Emilie

No comments: