Thursday, October 13, 2011

Centipedes and Flying Cockroaches

Yesterday I encountered two new creatures while I was at work. A gigantic flying cockroach appeared in my classroom. It was at LEAST two inches long. Luckily, a teacher next door took care of it for me. I keep hearing that cockroaches are very common here. A regular cockroch doesnt seem so bad after I saw the flying one!

Later that same day a different teacher found a centipede in her room...it was about 3 inches long and very creepy. I guess it hurts terribly to be stung by one. Needless to say, it was not a pleasant discovery. I learned that there is a myth about centipedes. Supposedly, they are sent to you from someone who is jealous of you. When you see it you are supposed to catch it and put it in a jar and tell it to go back to the person who sent it. Then you let it go. As you might have guessed, we did not test out this myth.

Aside from the creatures, I have had a great start to my second quarter!

-Emilie

No comments: