Thursday, October 6, 2011

ZUMBA Class

I have been missing the Ann Arbor YMCA! I used to love to go there, they have everything.. an awesome pool, a track, gym, weights... there doesn't seem to be anything like that here.  There are a few gyms but not very many, and none of them everything like the YMCA in Ann Arbor did.  That has made it a little difficult for us to work-out here.  On top of that, none of the roads have shoulders and there are not very many sidewalks, so running along the road can be dangerous.  Not to mention the beach always sounds more fun :)  I have gone running a few times in the area that we live because it is only 25 mph and is just a bunch of houses.  The problem is, we live on a mountain and the hills are treacherous! 

I have noticed that ZUMBA (dance fitness class) seems to be very popular here.  I went once at EMU and had a bad experience, but yesterday I got off the bus and found out that a free class was starting in 15 minutes at the neighborhood center (which is a 5 minute walk from my house).  So, I decided to give it a try one more time.  It was pretty fun, better than I expected!  There were literally 100 people there!  It took place in a gym and there were about five instructors up in front that we followed.  I think I'm going to try to go once or twice a week.  It is offered four days a week in Kalaheo, lucky for me it is close to where I live.  I need a way to meet more people out here anyways!

- Emilie

No comments: