Saturday, December 31, 2011

Oahu

We spent the past few days visiting friends in Oahu. They live on the north shore across the street from Pipelines Beach. The waves were really big! Cory did some body boarding and surfing. The waves were too big for me though! I watched from the beach.


We also went to Manoa Falls, which is where we got engaged! The hike is just under a mile and has a lot of awesome views. For anyone traveling to Oahu, I would definitely put this hike on your list of things to see. It is a little muddy, but not bad.




We spent part of our trip in Waikiki, which is where most of the action is. We lucked out and got a hotel room for only $75.00, and it was downtown within walking distance from all of the stores and the beach. I got to go to the brand new two-story Victoria's Secret. It was huge and filled with big screen tv's that played their fashion show.
 View of the city from our hotel.

We are back home now, and I'm glad to be back. I'm beginning to understand why everyone says that Kauai is the most beautiful island. So far, I think it is. The air even feels cleaner. Plus there is not any traffic, ever!

-Emilie

No comments: