Monday, August 13, 2012

Cory's 26th Birthday!

This past weekend we celebrated Cory's birthday! His birthday is actually today, but I was working all day and he works all evening at gymnastics.  I won't even see him until tomorrow!  On Saturday we went to Shipwrecks beach to go swimming. The waves were huge!!  We spent a lot of time in the water while we were there.  The water temperature is definitely warmer in the summer months.  A lot of people were out body boarding or surfing.  We even saw people jumping off the cliff at the beach.  It is too high for  me though! The picture does not do it justice!



Later we went to lunch at Keoki's and had our traditional hula pie (which we get for every possible celebration).  One slice of hula pie is enough for four people, it is ridiculous.  We definitely did not leave hungry.  While we were there we discovered that we have been to 8 of the ten locations of Keoki's restaurants, including three on Maui and one on Oahu.  That is one restaurant  that Michigan is missing out on.


Happy Birthday Cory!

- Emilie

1 comment:

Stephen Marco said...

HI! Cory, Emilie,
I wanted to let you know I read your entire blog today and I love what you've done. It's brave and so adventurous. I loved the fact that I could really relate with you already. I plan to make the move to Hawaii, and your blog is very inspirational!
-Stephen