Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!

Each year my school has a pumpkin-carving contest on Halloween.  The kids had so much fun! My class found some ideas online earlier in the week and decided on a hamburger pumpkin.  It turned out really good.  I brought in some real lettuce and the McDonalds fries holder to go with it.  One of my students brought in an onion from home to put on the "burger".  As you can imagine, there was a lot of excitement in the room with the pumpkin carving happening.  Cory and I combined classes for the day and rotated the kids through learning stations, each of us having a station for pumpkin carving.  It was a good way to give everyone a turn carving the pumpkin and continue to have  productive learning activities going on. 

This is our finished pumpkin.  We won first place!

This is the pumpkin that Cory's class carved.  Not bad for kindergarten and first grade!

- Emilie



No comments: