Saturday, February 16, 2013

Sight-Seeing on the Bus

As many of you know, I take the Kauai bus to and from work every day.  It became much better once we moved to Hanapepe because we are closer to the school.  They also added a new bus route back in November so the timing works out a lot better too.

It is whale season and my new favorite after-school activity is whale-watching on the way home from work!  The road goes right along the ocean and I have seen TONS of whales.  Mostly just spouts, not breaching - but it is still pretty cool to look out at the water and see the huge splash from the spout.  I wasn't able to catch a whale on camera, but I did get this nice little rainbow picture (it's kind of faint).


Looking back to when we first came to Hawaii in 2010 for vacation, I remember riding the bus around Oahu and taking pictures of everything.  Now in 2013, after living here for a year and a half, I'm still amazed by the beautiful surroundings.

- Emilie

No comments: