Sunday, June 9, 2013

Goodbye Kauai!

Our adventure in Hawaii has come to an end, I have already been back in Michigan for about a week!  The last few weeks were a whirlwind. The day before I left I went to Oahu for a Hawaiian focused school conference. Each school gave a presentation, during our presentation I introduced myself in Hawaiian!  I think a lot of people were surprised.  Next year my school is going to start offering Hawaiian language classes for adults after school, I wish they had that while I was there!

It is hard to believe that we were there for two years.  We were sad to leave but we are excited to start the next chapter in our lives and be closer to our friends and family.  We had such a great experience living in Hawaii. It was a scary decision to move to an island that we had never even visited, but we are so happy that we did.

This is our last post, we hope everyone enjoyed reading about our adventure!  A hui hou...


Aloha,
Cory and Emilie

1 comment:

Tracie said...

Sorry to hear that you guys left! I was just checking up to see how you guys were doing in Kauai. I know how it is to be far from family, so totally respect your decision. Hope you are enjoying the beautiful Michigan summer!